Friday, September 18, 2009

Spirit Week


It's Homecoming week for Mountain Crest. The kids thought it would be great to have a hat like I made for the Mad Hatter. At first I wasn't so sure. This is something I have only made with Jan and it just didn't seem right to make another one without her. So I called her to talk it over. Since I'm pretty sure that she is not coming back to help me, I guess I need to learn to do without. So this is my attempt at a Spirit Hat. (the word 'Stangs' is and abbreviation they use for Mustangs the school mascot.) I was actually pretty excited by how it turned out. The kids on the other hand, I could tell ,were not as sure. Eric wore the Hat to the Homecoming game, although at first only because he wanted me to not feel bad that he didn't like it. Once he got there some guy offered him $50.00 for it. (he said no) He got a lot of people asking where it came from and where they could get one. And at the end the Local newspaper took a picture of him. So by the end he actually liked the hat. And our team won there game. I'm sure the Hat had nothing to do with that.

3 comments:

jan said...

$50, You should start carrying those in your store. It looks good. Did you end up having a pattern?

Michele said...

Shannon loved it FYI!!!
love Shannon

sharpsnaps said...

What was he thinking! Doesn't he know the profit margin on the thing. He seems to know a good hat producer.