Thursday, September 17, 2009

News form the MTC

We got our 2nd letter from Mike. He seems very up beat. He is grateful for all the letters and asks that you keep sending them. While he is in the MTC the best way is through Dear Elder.com. He says they deliver them twice a day. I think he is close to leaving there. It might be Monday. We haven't heard the official time yet.

Mike says: "So life here in Mormon world is pretty good, days are long . . . . but time is moving pretty fast, it's Thursday and it feels like yesterday was Sunday! But what everyone was saying at first was true, after Sunday time flies. Me and my companion, Elder Marshall are starting to have fun teaching lessons and calling people at the referral center. So things are looking up around here. It's crazy to think we only have about a week left till we start doing it for real! I'm pretty excited to get out of here too."

In a letter to Shannon he says: "The MTC isn't too bad after the first week. All that getting used to completely new everything is pretty rough, but I think I'm over it now. And to think I only have two more Sundays till I get shipped out to Missouri! Crazy! I'm pretty excited. My companion and I have been teaching pretend investigators, and have been enjoying it. It's pretty scary teaching someone you don't know about the Gospel but I think after more practice it will be sweet. Here they have whats called a referral Center. That's where people call the number on the back of a pass along card or a TV ad, and we as missionaries answer there calls and place there order for a free bible or DVD or what not. Anyway you try to teach them on the phone about the church and ask them if we could send missionaries over to teach them. Today I got two people to have the missionaries come to there houses to hear more about the Gospel. Pretty Cool."

Thank you all for your support and Love

No comments: